Five Creative Methods To Find A Job
Ok, you have posted to every web job board and each job on Monster, CareerBuilder, and HotJobs.
You’ve followed up with calls and networked till you are blue in the face.
Every Sunday you take the newspaper and apply for every job in your field with little to no results.
You NEED to be More Effective
Try some distinctive ways to find your dream job.
1. Send only Half of Your Resume
- Find a firm you want to work with
- Write a terrific cover letter on why you are a good fit, pointing to the enclosed resume.
- Don’t seal the envelope and don’t enclose a resume.
- They’ll think the resume fell out of the mail envelope.
- They are going to call you and have a conversation.
- Sell your self shamelessly.
2. Write A Prospecting Letter
- Make use of the facility of direct mail.
- Find 5-10 companies.
- Write a letter to your contact network (friends/family,colleagues) and ask them if they know anyone who works at any of the corporations in your list.
- When a contact says they know somebody in your listing, ship them your resume and ask them to forward it to their contact or ask permission to send it yourself.
3. E-Mail Chain Letter
- Create a listing of 20 companies you want to work for.
- Send an e mail to everyone you know to see if they know anybody who works at these companies.
- Ask them to contact you if they do, so that you can ask for a referral.
- Finally, ask them to pass on your e-mail to 10 more people.
- Don’t do this if you’re presently employed!
4. Distribute A Booklet
- Write a booklet with information related to your industry
- Give it away.
- Everybody loves free info and this demonstrates your expertise.
- Give the booklet away electronically
- Advertise it to newsgroups the place hiring managers will see it.
5. Call Human Resources
- Sounds crazy, right? Email the human resources department.
- Ask them which outside agency or third-party recruiting firm they use.
- They are going to ask you why do you want to know.
- Tell them that their firm is not at the moment searching for someone with your ability set.
- Right now their agency could also be dealing with other firms, so you are searching for a recommendation.
- They might very well ask you for an interview.
- If not at least you do get a lead.
- They might just be happy to save the company recruitment fees.
- Also being recommended gives you particular attention.
- Send them a thank you note.
These are guerrilla tactics that will give you way higher results.
You’ll want to stay tuned for one more set of 5 creative tips.
New York Recruitment Agency HOME Page